Many companies spend between 5% to 15% of revenue on sales. The way you develop and use that investment makes a significant difference in both top-line growth and bottom-line performance. Getting it right is very important. Commercial Excellence is becoming about a sales strategy based on hard facts. Sales strategies are usually based on intuition with sales representatives as “artists”.
The sales process was characterized by:
• Relationship-based selling
• Product know-how
• Incentivized by volume, with top sellers making unit
The new fact-based approach is more science than art:
• Channels are actively managed and steered by profitability and cost-to-serve consideration
• Salesforce effectiveness guided by several targets such as volume, profit, and customer satisfaction
• Pricing is based on customer value and microsegments. Specific training and retention programs are in place, especially in emerging markets.
So how do organizations drive successful commercial excellence? There are five key components to accomplishing this. Identifying the right opportunities, match them with the right people, deliver customer pitch, be consistent, and building the right operating model.
Commercial Excellence is not a one-off miracle maker.
You, too, can become commercially excellent by merely identifying the right opportunities, match them with the right people, deliver the right customer pitch, be consistent, and building the right operating model.
We believe the value lies in our clients’ organizations and their people. We aim to unlock this by combining art and science, where art is people and science are proven methods. We combine guts and data.
We are a team of independent professionals from diverse backgrounds who want to make consulting simple. We have extensive experience from strategy- and technology consulting firms, start-ups, and corporations, where we have solved problems in 50+ countries – from start-ups to Fortune 500 companies. We are the architects of your growth.